Monday, January 4, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Welcome to 2016!  I know its all psychological, but it seems so clean and fresh.  It seems like I get to start over.  I know its all in my mind, but it feels good.  I had a wonderful wondeful Christmas and New Years with my family.  Hence the completely off the grid.  We went to Memphis to be with my dad and mom.  They had fixed everything up so nice.  We had amazing food and made new sweet memories.  They had decorated everything so nice and it was all ready.  We had such a nice relaxing time with them.  It was so nice to spend time with them and wonderful to bring Mama Shirley back with us.  We miss Poppy a lot, but it felt like he was almost there with us in spirit.  There was probably someone thinking of him every moment during that trip.  It feels so strange him not being there with us and doing all the things we normally do.  I feel like he should be just one room over working on his computer or talking to someone.  I miss him so much.  What a wonderful life he lived and how much he embraced each and every day and loved so freely.  Last Saturday we went walking downtown with my family, Mama Shirley, and Aunt Betty included.  Over and over Mama Shirley would stop and say hi to a shop keeper or tell us about such and such a person and I swear she knew every person on Main Street!  I knew that Poppy was responsible for that.
I want to be like that. I want to love freely and live life to the fullest.  I want people to know me for the light of Jesus shining through.  Thank you for letting me share my heart!
God bless you all as you go through your own individual journey.  May He guide you, and comfort you and strengthen you in this new year.  I know each of you carries burdens in your heart and I pray that God's peace with be very present in your every moment.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Mags. I was really dreading Christmas until we decided to have it at our house--I figured it would be good to have it in a different place, away from all those memories of Poppy; I told myself, we'd just "get through" this first Christmas the best we could. Something unexpected happened--Christmas was wonderful! It almost seemed like Poppy WAS here with us. Our joy wasn't lost--it was just made sweeter. It was exactly the way Poppy would've wanted it---lots of laughter and shrimp and family....AND the knowledge that we WILL see Poppy again. Love you Chickie and thanks for coming to Memphis! MoM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...Maggie this was so sweet. Really nice to hear you all got to be all together for Christmas, on this first Christmas without your Poppy. He was an incredible man. Thanks for sharing this. You have an incredibly amazing family as well. Miss you!! & Love to you all <3 Melissa (Needham) Grayum

    ReplyDelete